Shamrock Mint Cupcakes
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate fudge cake mix with pudding
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mint or creme de menthe baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (12 ounce) can fluffy white frosting (or your own)
- 24 large green gumdrops
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 regular-size muffin cups with paper baking
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low
speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir
in baking chips.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake 21 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cupcake comes
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely.
- Stir peppermint extract into frosting until well blended; spread on cupcakes.
- To garnish each cupcake, cut 1 gumdrop into 4 slices.
- Place 3 rounds on cupcake
to make shamrock leaves; press remaining round into thin strip and place below leaves
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.