Shamrock Mint Cupcakes
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate fudge cake mix with pudding
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mint or creme de menthe baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (12 ounce) can fluffy white frosting (or your own)
- 24 large green gumdrops
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 regular-size muffin cups with paper baking
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low
speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir
in baking chips.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake 21 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cupcake comes
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely.
- Stir peppermint extract into frosting until well blended; spread on cupcakes.
- To garnish each cupcake, cut 1 gumdrop into 4 slices.
- Place 3 rounds on cupcake
to make shamrock leaves; press remaining round into thin strip and place below leaves