- 1 (2-layer size) yellow or white cake mix (without pudding)
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- Softened butter, to taste
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- Granulated sugar, to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Mix cake mix, yeast and flour together well. Stir in hot water.
- Let rise until double in size.
- Cut dough in half. Roll one half into rectangle on floured surface.
- Spread with butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Roll up jellyroll fashion and cut into 2-inch slices.
- Place into a baking pan.
- Repeat with second half of dough.
- Let rolls rise in pan until doubled.
- Just before baking, prepare topping by melting butter and combining with brown
sugar, corn syrup and nuts.
- Pour over rolls.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Yield: 24 rolls
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.