Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake
This is a fun and easy recipe to make for your family and friends. Boston cream
pie poke cake and vanilla pudding make a pretty dynamic pair. Ready to try your
hand at a Boston cream pie poke cake? It truly is an elegant dessert made easy!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Eggs, oil and water as called for on cake mix box
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant Vanilla or French vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 container chocolate frosting (or your favorite homemade chocolate frosting)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Make cake mix according to directions and bake in a well-greased 9 x 13-inch
- When cake is finished baking and is still warm, poke holes all over cake using
a wooden spoon handle or other similar size object (you want those holes fairly
big so the pudding has room to get in there and you need to poke straight through
to the bottom of the cake).
- In a medium bowl, add milk to pudding mixture and continue to whisk until most
of the lumps are removed. Pour pudding on top of warm cake, making sure to pour
straight into the holes in the cake.
- With a spoon and spread pudding mixture evenly across the top of the cake (very
gently press down pudding to ensure that pudding goes into the holes and spread
it all the way to the sides).
- Refrigerate cake and allow to cool completely before adding the frosting (about
- Remove the lid and foil covering from the tub of chocolate frosting and microwave
for about 10-15 seconds. Stir frosting with a spoon- it should still be thick, but
pourable. Pour chocolate frosting on top of pudding.
- Spread frosting to evenly cover cake. Start in the middle and gently spread to
- Allow to cool on the counter for a few minutes, then put into the refrigerator
to fully cool and set up.
When mixing the pudding, don’t let it get too thick. You want the pudding to
be able to sink into the holes, so don’t beat it too long.
To help the pudding get into the holes better: pour about half the pudding and
spread with a spatula. Pour the second half and smooth out the pudding over the
top of the cake.
For a fun additional flavor, instead of regular milk, mix the pudding with almond
flavored soy milk.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Poke Cake Recipes