Caramel-Drizzled Pumpkin Poke Cake
Irresistibly moist pumpkin cake! Pockets of fudgy topping. Caramel drizzles.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (from 15-ounce can) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 jar (about 12 ounces) hot fudge topping
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla or Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 2/3 cup (from a 12 ounce jar) caramel topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or
spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice
with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, then on medium speed 2 minutes,
scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 26 to 33 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes
- Immediately poke cake every inch with handle of wooden spoon halfway into cake;
cool for 5 minutes.
- Place hot fudge topping in quart-size resealable bag. Cut tiny corner from bag;
squeeze hot fudge into holes in cake. Repeat as necessary to use all topping.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Drop frosting by spoonsful onto cake; spread evenly.
- Just before serving, heat caramel sauce as directed on jar; drizzle a heaping
teaspoon over each serving of cake. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
20 min Prep Time
2 hr 55 min Total Time
Reprinted with permission from