Cherry Limeade Poke Cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 (4-serving size) box cherry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) container Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- Maraschino cherries, if desired
- Lime peel twists, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan.). Spray bottom
only of 13 x 9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl beat cake mix, soda, oil, egg white and 3 teaspoons of the lime
peel with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into prepared
- Bake for 28 to 32 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir gelatin into boiling water, stirring for 2 minutes to completely
- Poke cake every inch with tines of meat fork or table knife.
- Pour cherry mixture slowly over cake, allowing mixture to fill holes in cake.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour longer.
- In small bowl, mix frosting, lime juice, and remaining 1 teaspoon grated lime
peel. Spread evenly over cake.
- Top each serving with cherry and lime twists.
Prep Time 25 Min | Total Time 2:15 Hr | Yield: 12 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 410(Calories from Fat
120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium
410mg; Total Carbohydrate 68g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 50g), Protein 4g
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 4 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: © 2010 ®/TM General Mills