This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Chip-Caramel Poke Cake
Enjoy this delicious caramel topped chocolate cake made using Betty Crocker®
SuperMoist® cake mix and frosting – a perfect dessert.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom
only of 13 x 9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, buttermilk, oil and eggs with electric mixer on
low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; press gently into batter.
- Bake for 35 to 43 minutes or until a woodenpick inserted in center comes out
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Spray meat fork or other long-tined fork with cooking spray. Poke warm cake every
inch with fork tines. Pour caramel topping over cake.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave frosting 15 to 30 seconds; stir until
very soft. Spoon frosting into 1-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut
tip off 1 corner of bag. Drizzle frosting across top of cake.
- For easy cutting, dip knife in hot water.
- Store covered.
Prep time 30 Min | Total time 2 Hr 45 Min | Servings 15
1 Serving Calories 420 ( Calories from Fat160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated
Fat 7g, Trans Fat 1/2g ), Cholesterol 45mg Sodium 370mg Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary
Fiber 2g Sugars 41g ), Protein 4g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0
Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat;
3 1/2 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):