Key Lime Pie Poke Cake
Bring the great flavor of key lime pie to a wonderful white cake. It's refreshing
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
Key Lime Filling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 drops yellow food color
- 1 drop green food color Frosting
- 1 container (12 ounces) Betty Crocker® Whipped vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Fresh strawberries
- Key lime slices
- Lemon leaves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F for shiny metal or glass pan (or 325 degrees
F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with baking
spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 26 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- With handle of wooden spoon (1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter), poke holes almost
to bottom of cake every 1/2 inch, wiping spoon handle occasionally to reduce
- In medium bowl, stir together filling ingredients (mixture will thicken).
Pour over cake; spread evenly over surface, working back and forth to fill holes.
(Some filling should remain on top of cake.)
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread frosting over cake; sprinkle with lime peel.
- Garnish with strawberries, lime slices and lemon leaves.
- Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Prep Time 20 Min | Yield 15 servings
Key lime pie is not green in color unless food color is added. If you'd prefer
a greener filling in this cake, add a couple drops of green food color to the filling
before pouring it over the cake.
If Key limes aren't available in your grocery store, look for bottled Key
lime juice near the other bottled lime juices.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving): Calories 390 (Calories from
Fat 150), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 2 1/2g), Cholesterol 80mg;
Sodium 310mg; Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 41g), Protein 6g
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills