Lemon-Lime Poke Cake
White cake mix and frosting come together in this citrus flavored cake – a delicious
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (4-serving size) box lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup coarse light green sugar or green decorator sugar crystals
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray
bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13 x 9-inch pan, using water,
oil and egg whites and adding 2 teaspoons of the lemon peel.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, pour boiling water over gelatin; stir until gelatin
- Poke cake every inch with handle of wooden spoon or tines of meat fork halfway
- Pour gelatin slowly over cake to fill holes.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour longer.
- In small bowl, mix frosting, lime peel and remaining 1 teaspoon lemon peel
until well blended.
- Frost cake.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 2 hr | Servings 12
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 407
% Daily Value Total Fat 16g 16% (Saturated Fat 3g, 3%), Sodium 361mg 361%;
Total Carbohydrate 63g 63% (Dietary Fiber 0g 0%), Protein 3g 3%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 4
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker