This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Raspberry Lime Poke Cake
Betty Crocker SuperMoist white cake showcases ribbons of raspberry and lime flavor
and gorgeous colors in our luscious Raspberry Lime Poke Cake.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (4-serving size) box raspberry-flavor gelatin
- 1 (4-serving size) box lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box in 2 (9-inch) round cake pans, using
water, oil and egg whites.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Return cooled cake layers into 2 clean 9-inch round cake pans. With thin stirring
straw, toothpick or skewer, pierce cakes at 1/2-inch intervals.
- In 2 separate medium bowls, add 1 cup of the boiling water into each flavor of
gelatin. Beat each with whisk until completely dissolved.
- With large spoon, drizzle raspberry gelatin over 1 cake; drizzle green gelatin
over remaining cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours to allow gelatin to set up in cakes.
- To remove cakes from pans, dip pans in warm water 10 seconds.
- Unmold 1 cake onto serving platter; spread 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping
on top of cake.
- Unmold second cake; carefully place on first cake on platter.
- Frost entire cake with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving, or until ready to serve.
Prep Time 30 min | Total Time 4 hr | Servings 8
Change the flavor and color of this fun, simple cake by swapping out the flavors
of gelatin you drizzle over your cake rounds.
Decorate the cake with a few rainbow sprinkles to make it as festive on the outside
as it is on the inside.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):