Raspberry Lime Poke Cake
Betty Crocker SuperMoist white cake showcases ribbons of raspberry and lime flavor
and gorgeous colors in our luscious Raspberry Lime Poke Cake.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 box (4-serving size) raspberry-flavor gelatin
- 1 box (4-serving size) lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box in 2 (9-inch) round cake pans, using
water, oil and egg whites.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Return cooled cake layers into 2 clean 9-inch round cake pans. With thin stirring
straw, toothpick or skewer, pierce cakes at 1/2-inch intervals.
- In 2 separate medium bowls, add 1 cup of the boiling water into each flavor of
gelatin. Beat each with whisk until completely dissolved.
- With large spoon, drizzle raspberry gelatin over 1 cake; drizzle green gelatin
over remaining cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours to allow gelatin to set up in cakes.
- To remove cakes from pans, dip pans in warm water 10 seconds.
- Unmold 1 cake onto serving platter; spread 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping
on top of cake.
- Unmold second cake; carefully place on first cake on platter.
- Frost entire cake with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving, or until ready to serve.
Prep Time 30 min
Total Time 4 hr 0 min
Change the flavor and color of this fun, simple cake by swapping out the flavors
of gelatin you drizzle over your cake rounds.
Decorate the cake with a few rainbow sprinkles to make it as festive on the outside
as it is on the inside.
Reprinted with permission from