This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Red Velvet Pudding Poke Cake
- 1 box red velvet cake
- ingredients needed to make cake (eggs, oil and water)
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant Cheesecake-flavored pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar or a little more if desired
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or coconut if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Remove from oven. Let cool for a few minutes.
- With a wooden spoon handle, large fork or skewer poke holes in the warm
cake at 1/2-inch intervals. Be sure to poke right down to the bottom of the
cake. You want holes big enough so that the pudding has plenty of room to get
to the bottom. Spoon pudding over top of cake.
- Top with Topping.