Salted Caramel Apple Poke Cake
Guests will swoon over this quick-prep apple cake loaded with irresistible salted
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease
or lightly spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on
low speed 2 minutes.
- Add apple pie filling; beat 1 minute longer. Pour into pan.
- Bake as directed on box for 13 x 9-inch pan. Cool in pan on cooling rack
for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the caramel sauce and the sea salt.
- Poke warm cake every inch with a straw or handle of wooden spoon, halfway
into cake. Pour caramel-salt mixture over cake, allowing it to fill in holes.
- Spread cake with whipped topping.
- Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup caramel sauce; top with butterscotch chips.
Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 1 hr 50 min | Servings 15
If you don't have butterscotch chips, try toffee pieces as toppers.
Remember to keep this cake stored covered in the refrigerator!
Recipe and photo credit: