Apple Cider Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cream butter and shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine next 4 ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with apple cider,
beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a rack.