Apricot Brandy Pound Cake 2
Make a classic cake you can serve every which way--plain, with fruit or whipped
cream, toasted, or cut into squares for dipping in fondue.
- 3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup apricot brandy
or apricot nectar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of 12-cup fluted tube cake
pan or 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan with shortening; lightly flour.
- In large bowl, beat all ingredients except powdered sugar with electric mixer
on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes,
scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 1 hour 25 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Reprinted with permission from