Apricot-Glazed Pound Cake
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cake: Cream sugar and butter.
- Add egg yolks slowly, beating well.
- Add egg whites and cream well.
- Add flour and cream alternately.
- Add flavorings.
- Bake in lightly greased tube pan at 325 degrees F for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and spread Apricot Glaze over warm cake.
- Apricot Glaze: Heat nectar.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add butter; stir until melted.
Yield: 15 servings