Blackberry Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blackberry jam
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ReaLemon reconstituted lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Liberally grease a 10 inch tube pan.
- In large mixer bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift or stir together flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda.
- Blend together jam, ReaLemon and sour cream.
- Add flour mixture until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla extract and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Top with Lemon Glaze.
- Blend sugar and lemon juice until smooth.