Blueberry Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pint fresh blueberries or 2 cups canned blueberries, drained and rinsed
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Sift 2 cups flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat.
- Dredge berries in remaining flour.
- Fold berry mixture gently into creamed mixture.
- Pour mixture into a tube pan which has been buttered and coated with sugar.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.