Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream shortening.
- Add sugars and beat well.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Add pecans and vanilla extract.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake in greased and floured tube pan for 1 1/2 hours in preheated 325 degrees
Yield: 15 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.