Butter Cream Pound Cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- Cocoa powder
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use an electric mixer to cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Beat in sugar
and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Continue
beating until mixture is almost doubled in volume.
- Using lowest speed, fold in flour.
DO NOT OVER-BEAT.
- Pour batter into an ungreased tube pan, and bake for 45 minutes
or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately
invert and cool.
- Cooled cake can be wrapped and frozen.
- Serve at room temperature sprinkled with confectioners' sugar or cocoa powder.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings