Butternut Pound Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup Crisco
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon butternut flavoring
- Beat butter and Crisco well.
- Add sugar and continue to cream.
- Add eggs, one at a time and continue to mix.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt alternately with buttermilk
and flavoring. Begin with dry ingredients and end with dry ingredients.
- Bake in a greased and floured tube pan for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees F.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.