Butterscotch Rum Pound Cake
A delicious rich pound cake with a twist! The butterscotch morsels add a nice
sweet caramelized flavor to this classic pound cake.
- 1 2/3 cups (11 ounces) Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine,
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Remaining 1/3 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Microwave 1 1/3 cups morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high (70%)
power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring
until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, milk, rum, butter and melted morsels in large
mixer bowl. Beat on low speed just until moistened. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup nuts.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Invert onto wire rack to cool completely; transfer to serving platter. Pour Glaze
over cake; sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Glaze: Microwave remaining butterscotch morsels and milk in
small, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high (70%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave
at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Cool for 5 to 10
Yield: 24 servings