Cardamom-Walnut Pound Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt pan*.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the flour, cardamom, salt and walnuts in a bowl.
- Beat butter in a large bowl on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about
- Add sugar; beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, alternately with 1 tablespoon flour, beating about
30 seconds after each addition.
- Fold in remaining flour, nut mixture and 1/2 cup
milk. Scrape batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick insert in the center
comes out clean.
- Remove to wire rack and cool 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto wire rack and cool
- When cake is cooled, beat together confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons
milk in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour over cake.
- Garnish with candy sprinkles, if desired.
* This cake may also be baked in 2 (8 x 4 x 2-inch) loaf pans. Bake for about
1 hour 20 minutes. If using disposable aluminum baking pans approximately the same
size, bake 1 hour 30 minutes.