Cherry Pound Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 3/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk (add maraschino cherry juice to make 1 cup liquid)
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, chopped and drained
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- Remaining cherries from cake recipe
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition.
- Measure sifted flour and add to first mixture alternately with cherry milk mixture.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Stir in half of the cherries (reserve other half cherries for icing).
- Pour into a greased tube pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours or until cake tests done.
- Frosting: Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Add confectioners' sugar, cherries, nuts, coconut and vanilla extract.
- Add enough cherry juice to make a good spreading consistency.
- Spread on cooled cherry pound cake.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.