Chocolate Mint Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups (10 ounces) Hershey's Mint Chocolate
- 3 to 4 drops green food color (optional)
Mint Chocolate Chip
- Remaining 2/3 cup mint chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs and
vanilla extract; beat well.
- Stir in flour and baking powder; stir in 1 cup mint
chocolate chips (reserving the remainder for glaze) and green food color, if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare Mint Chocolate Chip glaze. Spread over top of cake, allowing glaze to
run down sides. Cool completely.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Glaze: Place remaining 2/3 cup mint chocolate chips and 2
tablespoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil). Microwave
at HIGH (100%) for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until chips are melted and mixture
is smooth when stirred.
Yield: about 10 servings