Chocolate Raspberry Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup seedless red raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries, optional garnish
Whipped Raspberry Cream
- 1/4 cup seedless red raspberry preserves
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube or Bundt
- Melt the jam in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth, the cool.
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir with
a whisk to blend well.
- Add the softened butter, sour cream, eggs, vanilla extract,
and the melted preserves. Beat on medium speed 3 - 4 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden
pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on rack, then turn out of the pan and cool completely before
- Whipped Raspberry Cream: Melt preserves in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir
until smooth and cool slightly.
- Stir in the red food coloring, if using, at this point.
- Chill beaters and bowl in freezer for several minutes.
- When beaters and bowl are chilled, pour cream into the bowl and add the sugar.
Begin whipping at high speed. While whipping, slowly pour in the melted jam in a
steady stream and whip until stiff.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Serve over Chocolate Raspberry Pound Cake.