Chocolate-Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer about 2 minutes or until soft
- Gradually add sugars, beating at medium speed 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs,
one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour, baking soda and cocoa; add to creamed mixture alternately with
sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix at lowest speed just until
blended after each addition; stir in vanilla extract.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely
on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.