Coconut Pound Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add to creamed mixture alternately
with sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Stir in coconut and flavorings.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 to 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
Yield: 12 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes