Cottage Cheese Pound Cake
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese, sieved
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch Bundt pan.
- Sift flour and baking soda onto wax paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter
or margarine and cottage cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly beat in 2 cups sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time. Beat in orange rind, vanilla extract
and flour mixture until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Gently fold the beaten whites into cake batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, smoothing top evenly.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until top springs back when pressed lightly.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto rack and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Yield: 16 servings
Per serving: 318 calories, 7 grams protein, 14 grams fat, 8 grams saturated
fat, 43 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 111 milligrams cholesterol, 105 milligrams
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes