Cream Cheese Pound Cake
with Lime Glaze
For the cake
- 3 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 18 tablespoons (2 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 325 degrees F. Thoroughly
grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan.
- Cake: Over a sheet of wax paper, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt;
repeat until blended and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the butter
and cream cheese on medium speed until creamy and smooth, 30 to 40 seconds.
add the sugar and continue beating, occasionally scraping down the sides of the
bowl, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and add the eggs one at a time, beating well
after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Beat in the vanilla extract
and lime juice.
- Reduce the speed to low and fold in the flour mixture in three additions,
blending each addition until just incorporated and stopping the mixer occasionally
to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the lime zest.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, making the sides about 1 inch higher than
- Bake until the cake is golden and a wooden pick inserted into the center comes
out clean, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and cool upright in the pan for 10 minutes.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and sugar until
- Set the rack over a sheet of wax paper, invert the pan onto the rack and
lift off the pan.
- Generously brush the surface of the cake with the glaze.
- Let the cake cool completely before serving.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar to serve.
Yield: 20 servings