Crystallized Ginger Pound Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) crystallized ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Butter and lightly flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; set aside. Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the 1 cup flour and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl on medium speed until light and
- Reduce speed to low and beat in eggs, one at a time, blending well after
- Combine sour cream and vanilla extract in a cup.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream
alternately into batter and beat until well combined, beginning and ending with
flour mixture. Increase speed to high and beat until smooth.
- Toss together ginger and the 1/2 cup flour in a small bowl. Fold ginger and flour
mixture into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Wrap cake in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.