Date Nut Pound Cake
- 1 pound butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle lemon extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 pound dates, chopped
- 4 cups pecans and walnuts, finely chopped
- Cream butter well. Add sugar and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flavoring. sprinkle 1 cup of the flour
over nuts and dates.
- Add remaining 3 cups flour to creamed mixture.
- Add dates and nuts. Mix well and spoon into well greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and turn upside down for a few minutes.