Double Peanut Butter Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Buttercream Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons milk (add more if needed)
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla
extract; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture
alternately with milk.
- Pour into greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean,
about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes on wire rack.
- Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost cake with Buttercream Peanut Butter Frosting.
- Buttercream Peanut Butter Frosting: Place the butter and peanut butter in a bowl and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the sugar while the mixer is running. As the mix starts to thicken begin adding
the mile one tablespoon at a time. Continue to add the milk until the frosting
becomes smooth and spreadable.
- Add vanilla extract. Beat for three minutes or until the
frosting is light and fluffy.
- When cupcakes have been frosted, sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
Yield: 12 servings (one slice per serving)
Source: The National Peanut Board