Dulce De Leche Chocolate
Chip Bundt Pound Cake
A pound cake version flavored with dulce de leche. In this recipe, the caramel
flavor turns the batter a soft golden hue and adds a mellow flavor.
Chopped pecans could be added to this classic cake but plain, and /or with chocolate
chips, it is a winner. Yogurt can replace the buttermilk in this recipe.
- 1 (14 ounce) can dulce de leche caramel sauce
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously spray a 6-cup or small Bundt cake pan,
or a 9-inch angel food cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line a baking sheet
with parchment paper and set aside.
- Reserve 1/4 cup or so of the dulce de leche and set aside.
- For the cake, in the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle, on slow speed,
cream the butter with the sugar and the dulce de leche, until smooth.
- Add eggs and
vanilla extract, then stir in buttermilk or sour cream, flour, baking powder, baking
soda and salt and blend on slow speed of mixer, until smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour two-thirds of the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Drizzle or swirl on reserved dulce de leche.
- Spoon remaining batter into pan and place pan on a baking
sheet. (You can also drizzle on reserved dulce de leche on top of batter and using
a fork, swirl into the batter slightly.)
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool well, then turn out onto a cake rack to finish cooling.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar or drizzle on some semisweet melted chocolate.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Recipe by Marcy Goldman - Marcy's Kosher Cuisine
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes