Golden Lemon-Squash Pound Cake
- 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (1/2 pound) shredded yellow summer squash
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon milk
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan or 2 small loaf pans. Heat oven
to 350 degrees F.
- Cake: In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter, granulated sugar and lemon
peel until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- At low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour
cream until smooth.
- Stir in squash.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Turn out cake. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make Lemon Icing.
- Lemon Icing: In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice.
Mix until smooth.
- Gradually add enough milk to make mixture spoonable.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
Yield: 12 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes