Irish Cream Pound Cake
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Irish Cream flavored liquid coffee creamer
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon C&H® Powdered Sugar for sprinkling (optional)
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Irish Cream Liquor (optional)
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Pound Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease and flour 12-cup
fluted tube pan.
- Beat butter in large bowl until smooth.
- Add sugar; continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- At low speed, add flour and creamer alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Mix well after
each addition. Stir in extract.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 70-80 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; invert onto cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon confectioners' or powdered sugar if desired.
- Cut cake into serving pieces; top each serving with a dollop of Whipped Cream
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, or drizzle your favorite Irish Cream Liquor
over, if desired.
- For a special touch, top with a Chocolate Shamrock Filigree.
- Whipped Cream Topping: In small mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Gradually, add powdered or confectioners' sugar.
- Add vanilla extract. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Chocolate Shamrock Filigrees: Melt chocolate chips in resealable plastic bag.
Snip a small opening in one corner. Pipe the outline of a shamrock approximately
1/4-inch wide on individual squares of waxed paper.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Peel from waxed paper and place on dollop of Whipped Cream Topping.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
For a more intense Irish Cream flavor, substitute regular Irish Cream Liquor
for the coffee creamer, add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt to
Decorate for St. Patrick's Day, with chocolate filigrees in the shape of shamrocks.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
C&H Sugar, Inc.