Key Lime Pound Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh Key lime juice
Key Lime Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch (12-cup) tube
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric
stand mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until
light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture
alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low
speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a long
wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire
- Prepare Key Lime Glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, fresh Key
lime juice and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Immediately brush over top and sides of cake.
- Cool completely (about 1 hour).
Prep time: 25 min | Cook time: 1 hr 20 min
Total time: 1 hr 45 min | Yield: 12 servings
Source: Southern Living Magazine, March 2011
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes