Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened (113 grams)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry mixture and lemon juice alternately, starting and ending with dry mixture.
- Stir in lemon, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour batter into greased and floured standard Bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 1 hour 15 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake!