Lime Pound Cake with Caribbean Lime Spread
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter. at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Rose's lime marmalade
- Grated zest of 1/2 lime
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
Caribbean Lime Spread
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 2 tablespoons Rose's lime marmalade
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf
- Cake: In a large bowl beat the butter with the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time,
then mix in 1/2 cup of lime marmalade, the grated zest, 1 tablespoon of lime juice,
and the ginger.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and beat until the
mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Put it in the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes, then lower the heat to 350
degrees F and bake until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about
25 to 35 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of marmalade
with the remaining 3 tablespoons of lime juice, the 2 tablespoons of rum, and 3/4
of a cup of cold water in a small pan. Bring to simmering point, stirring the ingredients.
- Stick a skewer into several places in the loaf, then strain about 1/3 cup of the
liquid over the surface. Let it sink in for a minute or two, then repeat this step
two more times.
- Leave the cake in the pan for 15 minutes; then remove and let it
cool on a wire rack.
- Caribbean Lime Spread: Cream the butter with the confectioners' sugar,
then stir in the rum and marmalade.
- Mound in a little dish and serve with the cake.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Orange Pound Cake: Substitute orange marmalade for lime marmalade
and orange zest and juice for lime.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes