Orange Brandy Pound Cake
- 2 cups (4 sticks) margarine
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Next, add dry mixture and sour cream alternately, starting and ending with dry
- Lastly, stir in orange juice, orange zest, orange extract and brandy.
- Pour batter into greased and floured standard Bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 1 hour 15 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake!
- Glaze cake after it has cooled.