Orange-Coconut Pound Cake
- 2 cups solid shortening
- 3 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 10 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup coconut
- Cake: Cream shortening and sugar together with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour alternately with orange juice. Mix well after each addition.
- Add extracts.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Icing: Cream margarine. Add sugar and orange juice alternately. Beat to spreading
- Spread on top and sides; sprinkle with coconut.