Orange Pound Cake
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening (like Crisco)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large mixer bowl.
- Add shortening, juice and rind. Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat 2 minutes longer.
- Bake in loaf pan at 350 degrees F for 60 to 65 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes