Orange Velvet Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 drops orange food coloring
- 3 cups flour
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a tube or Bundt cake pan.
- Cream together butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, milk, salt, extract and food coloring. Mix well.
- Add flour until all ingredients are well blended.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour 25 minutes.
- Cool and ice with cream cheese icing if desired.