Oreo Cookie Pound Cake
This cake freezes well and is good cold from the refrigerator.
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup butter-flavor shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter-flavor shortening
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch fluted tube pan.
- Cut each cookie into quarters.
- Cake: In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat flour and remaining ingredients,
except cookies. Increase speed to high; beat 2 minutes, scraping bowl. spoon about
3/4 cup batter into pan.
- Gently stir cut-up cookies into remaining batter and spoon into same pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched with finger
(wooden pick test will not work).
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan; cool on rack.
- When cake is cool, prepare Chocolate Glaze.
- Chocolate Glaze: In 1-quart saucepan over low heat, heat chocolate chips, shortening,
milk and corn syrup, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Place rack with cake over large plate
to catch drips, then pour warm glaze over top and side of cake.