Oreo Cookie Pound Cake
This cake freezes well and is good cold from the refrigerator.
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup butter-flavor shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter-flavor shortening
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch fluted tube pan.
- Cut each cookie into quarters.
- Cake: In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat flour and remaining ingredients,
except cookies. Increase speed to high; beat 2 minutes, scraping bowl. spoon about
3/4 cup batter into pan.
- Gently stir cut-up cookies into remaining batter and spoon into same pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched with finger
(wooden pick test will not work).
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan; cool on rack.
- When cake is cool, prepare Chocolate Glaze.
- Chocolate Glaze: In 1-quart saucepan over low heat, heat chocolate chips, shortening,
milk and corn syrup, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Place rack with cake over large plate
to catch drips, then pour warm glaze over top and side of cake.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes