Peach Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled, chopped fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cream butter. Add vanilla and almond extracts gradually.
- Add sugar and beat until well mixed.
- Add eggs, two at a time, beating well each time.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine peaches and sour cream.
- Add flour mixture alternately with peach mixture
to cream mixture, mixing just blended each time.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.