Peanut Butter Pound Cake
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2) sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk or water
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cake: Cream butter and sugars thoroughly.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly blended.
- Add vanilla extract and slowly beat in peanut butter.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, until well blended.
- Line a 9- or 10-inch tube pan on the bottom with wax paper.
- Spoon in batter and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, until cake tests
done. If desired, toward the end of baking, while cake is still soft, sprinkle
about 1/3 cup finely chopped peanuts onto batter to give it a crunchy
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan, cool
cake completely, then glaze.
- Glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, peanut butter and vanilla extract.
Pour over cooled cake.
Yield: 12-16 servings | Prep: 15 min | Bake: 1 hr 5 min