Peppermint Pound Cake
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine (not low fat)
- 6 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peppermint candy sticks
- Blend sugar and butter together well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one, then add salt.
- Add flour and milk alternately, ending with flour.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Spray tube pan with vegetable spray, then coat the pan with a little flour.
- Divide dough into three separate parts.
- To one of the thirds, add half of a large stick of peppermint candy, crushed.
- Place one of the plain thirds in the tube pan, add
the third with the crushed peppermint and, finally, the last third of plain dough.
- Bake for 1 hour, 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Let cool, then ice with white icing.
- Coat top and sides with the remainder of the crushed candy.
Serves 16 to 20