Pineapple Pound Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons reserved pineapple syrup
- Cake: Drain pineapple, reserving pineapple and syrup separately.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar at high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well, after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour and baking powder.
- Stir in pineapple, 1/4 cup syrup and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Pour into well greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Let cool 10 minutes (in pan) or wire rack. Loosen cake with spatula.
- To serve, drizzle with Pineapple Glaze.
- Pineapple Glaze: Beat sugar and pineapple syrup in a small bowl until well blended.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes