Pineapple Pound Cake 2
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sifted flour (sifted before measuring)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift (this is the second sifting of flour) together the flour, baking powder
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture. Mix until
- Add vanilla and lemon extracts.
- Fold in fruit.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9- or 10-inch tube pan.
- Place in cold oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 25 minutes or until tested done.
- Cool on rack 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve plain or dust with powdered sugar.
Makes 12 servings.
Source: Del Monte Corporation recipe booklet - 1982
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes