Pineapple Sage Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped pineapple sage leaves (the small, new leaves are best)
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pineapple sage flowers, if available
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 tablespoons well drained crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Have ready four miniature loaf pans.
- Cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Beat in the honey.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to beat for one minute after each addition.
- Beat in the sage leaves, flowers, lemon peel and crushed pineapple.
- Stir the dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture. Fold these together
gently, until just blended.
- Pour into loaf pans.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until golden brown (wooden pick inserted
into center will come out clean).
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then turn out of pans and continue to cool.
Recipe credit: Morning Sun Herb Farm - Vacaville, California
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes