Pineapple Supreme Pound Cake
This is a large cake that has a delicate, but firm, texture. It is a pretty cake for special occasions.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Yellow food coloring
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pineapple
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pineapple flavoring
Pineapple Supreme Cake Topping
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 whole maraschino cherries
For best results, make Pineapple Supreme Cake Topping ahead of time and apply to cake when it comes out of oven warm.
- Pineapple Supreme Cake Topping: Bring all ingredients except cherries to a simmer
for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Apply to cake using cherries to decorate.
- Cake: Cream shortening, butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each one.
- Sift flour with baking powder; add alternately with pineapple and juice.
- Add flavorings and food coloring.
- Pour batter into greased and floured Bundt or tube pan.
- Place in cold oven.
- Set oven at 350 degrees F and bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove cake from pan.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes