Polynesian Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup pureed banana
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, well drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, cream butter, margarine and cream cheese.
- Beat in sugar well.
- Add extracts and banana puree and blend well.
- Stir together flour and baking soda.
- On low speed, add flour and eggs, alternating the two, and beat until mixed.
- Fold in pineapple and coconut.
- Pour batter into pan, and bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until
cake tests done with a cake tester.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen cake from edge of pan and invert onto rack. Cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 24, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes