Polynesian Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup pureed banana
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, well drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, cream butter, margarine and cream cheese.
- Beat in sugar well.
- Add extracts and banana puree and blend well.
- Stir together flour and baking soda.
- On low speed, add flour and eggs, alternating the two, and beat until mixed.
- Fold in pineapple and coconut.
- Pour batter into pan, and bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until
cake tests done with a cake tester.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen cake from edge of pan and invert onto rack. Cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 24, 2001.